I want to either major in English or in some form of Music.
1. I’m a sophomore in high school
2. I’ve been in my school’s English club for the past two years (and I’m an officer this year)
3. I’ve won 4/4 awards possible at our state competition.
4. I skipped a grade (if that is considered good).
5. I’m in CAP and AP classes. CAP is one level up. Right now, I should be taking some form of English II but because i’m in CAP i’m in English with the juniors and i’m in AP English III.
I’ve been playing tuba for 5 years
Guitar for a little while but i’ve gotten fairly good pretty quickly.
I won outstanding freshman last year.
I have a 1 streak from my solo performances (6th grade 1+, 7th 1, 8th 1+, didn’t go 9th, 10th 1-)
I went to band camp 4 times.
I’m in my town’s local orchestral band.
I was chosen to be in the 8th grade band when I was in 7th grade.
I took piano for 2 1/2 years.
I am in AP Music Theory right now and my lowest grade has been a 94 (I got an A on the past semester final).
The instruments I can play well:
Tuba, piano, guitar
Drums (about a year of lessons), Euphonium
A very small amount:
Clarinet, cornet/trumpet, trombone
My gpa is currently about a 3.5 (but will soon be higher).
I’m in CAP for English AND Math (those are our only available choices) and i’ll have taken two calculus classes by the time I graduate.
I’m from the USA. How tough would it be for me to be accepted?
(My resume is much larger than this. I’ve been working in science as well, and i’ve been to my state science fair twice and won 1st and 3rd, along with a few other science related things)
And figuratively, lets say money isn’t an issue. I’m not poor but i’d like to get a few scholarships, including the Gates Cambridge scholarships and a few local scholarships.