So I’m 15, 16 on the 3rd July, I don’t play any instruments and I have barely any experience except randomly strumming a mate’s guitar and all that xylophone and keyboard bullshit you do in school. All my life thus far, one of my dreams was to be in a band. Now, I’m not particularly wanting to learn the drums for the sake of joining a band, I just want to play initially, but yeah, when listening to music I always did the air guitar and shit like that and thought it would be a good idea to learn.
However, as I matured ever so slightly and kinda paid a little more attention to how music is played and put together, I fell in love with bass and drums. Mostly in rock and metal. My favourite would be the drums, as you may have guessed from the subject of this question. I’ve been looking around different websites and other questions on this site, about people wondering the same thing as me, but none of my individual questions have been answered, so here we go:
1. With no real experience practicing an instrument at my age, could I start learning and become significantly better within the next few years?
2. If I did happen to join a band, would I get a lot of p*ssy? No, I’m joking. Seriously though.
3. What type of kit should a beginner like me get? Any brands, types of set, or links to examples would be perfect. Preferably anything under £150 for my first, I guess. If a decent set will go for that cheap.
4. I’m looking to play anything from indie rock to punk rock to heavier types of metal, and, within time, insane stuff like power metal. Is there anything in particular I should get for this? You could answer both this and question three together, that would probably make sense.
5. For some reason, I don’t think I’ll be up for going out to lessons at a local music place or something. Would I be able to half self-teach myself if I used online lessons etc.?
That’s it for now, although I may edit it if I have anymore questions. Hell, answer within the next 10 minutes, and I’ll make all your wishes come true.